Brixham Chamber of Commerce is an independent organisation which exists to promote and protect the interests of businesses in Brixham and the environment in which they operate. Through Devon Chamber of Commerce, we are part of The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC), a dynamic, high-profile and independent business network, with Chambers across the UK.
We have been working with Brixham businesses of all sizes and all sectors since 1923, providing organisations with practical support, useful connections and representation in local, regional and national government where we promote positive growth policies and defend business priorities.
The objectives of the Chamber are:
- The promotion and protection of the business interests of Members.
- The collection, discussion and distribution of information, and promotion or opposition to legislative and other measures, affecting the business interests of Members.
- Incorporation or Co-operation by affiliation or otherwise with any association having similar objectives.
- The promotion of charitable and social functions.
- Activities which are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives
We achieve our objectives by:
- representing members views and influencing government particularly Brixham Town Council and Torbay Council.
- delivering value added commercial services
- promoting inter-trading through networking and events
- helping business raise the skills and competencies of the workforce
- supporting enterprise and entrepreneurship
- celebrating the success of members and their contribution to the community
Membership is open to all businesses with interests in Brixham and at £35pa represents incredible value for money.
The Chamber is a not-for-profit organisation and all proceeds go towards resources for members or to support the community within Brixham.
In recent years, financial support has been provided to, amongst others:
- Pride in Brixham
- Brixham Youth Enquiry Service
- Admiral Swimming Company
- Brixham Buccaneers
- Friends of Shoalstone Pool
- Fishermen in Sculptural Heritage
We also made a significant contribution in 2013 to ensure the continuation of a Park and Ride facility for the town.