Torbay Artspace is an exciting new enterprise offering artists and craftmakers space in Brixham, Devon.
Situated in a beautiful former dairy building next to the pretty River Eden, the space comes with lots of character.
We are an upstairs space, so this will not suit the physically disabled – we aim to rectify this in the future.
We can supply up to 10 spaces, either on an individual, or private group basis. We are also in the process of reaching out to Community groups as well as NHS MH Recovery groups.
Our aims are:
- Promote Art and Craft in the Torbay area by networking with other groups
- Offer space for people who would like to either take up a new hobby, meet new people over a cuppa and a cake, or offer a “messy” space to the more serious creative
- Promote recovery for people who have MH and other health issues in the Community
- Reduce isolation using cake and creativity!
We offer support to first-time artists and craft makers, through a series of fun courses to discover your creative side:
- Art Metal Clay – an exciting and alchemistic way to make jewellery pieces from silver and many other metals
- Beaded and Wire jewellery – collect your own sea glass and make your own bespoke pendant, necklace, bracelet or even earrings!
- Basic Art techniques – painting, drawing, charcoals, mosaics, etc.
- Therapeutic Art recovery – ideal for groups who wish to refer individuals in the MH sector
Tutoring can take place on a one-to-one or group basis. We also have hundreds of fun craft projects for you to try out.