We are a not-for-profit organisation. All proceeds we generate go towards resources for our members or to promote and support the community within Brixham. We regularly support local festivals, events and community groups and give time and resources to intitiatives to improve the general environment for residents and visitors.
Membership is open to individuals and organisations of all sizes and all sectors with
business interests in Brixham. We are a friendly and inclusive group and at just £35 per year, membership represents excellent value for money.
The objectives of the Chamber are:
- The promotion and protection of the business interests of Members.
- The collection, discussion and distribution of information, and promotion or opposition to legislative and other measures, affecting the business interests of Members.
- Incorporation or Co-operation by affiliation or otherwise with any association having similar objectives.
- The promotion of charitable and social functions.
- Activities which are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objectives
We achieve our objectives by:
- representing members views and influencing government particularly Brixham Town Council and Torbay Council.
- delivering value added commercial services
- promoting inter-trading through networking and events
- helping business raise the skills and competencies of the workforce
- supporting enterprise and entrepreneurship
- celebrating the success of members and their contribution to the community
Membership is open to all businesses with interests in Brixham and at £35pa represents incredible value for money.
The Chamber is a not-for-profit organisation and all proceeds go towards resources for members or to support the community within Brixham.
In recent years, financial support has been provided to, amongst others:
- Pride in Brixham
- Brixham Youth Enquiry Service
- Admiral Swimming Company
- Brixham Buccaneers
- Friends of Shoalstone Pool
- Fishermen in Sculptural Heritage
We also made a significant contribution in 2013 to ensure the continuation of a Park and Ride facility for the town.