Brixham Foodbank is a charitable organisation run entirely by volunteers. We provide food parcels for those in need in Brixham and the surrounding areas.
We rely on your donations
As of July 2022, we are helping over 300 local people each month – an increase of 40% over this time last year – and are spending an average of £600 each month to supplement donated food.
To help these people, we are totally dependent on your generosity in the form of donations of food, toiletries and household essentials or of money which allows us to buy any additional items. Thank you so much!
Cost of living crisis
The cost of living crisis is leading to increased need and rising costs for our foodbank:
- As the cost of living continues to soar more families are finding themselves in need of emergency food.
- Donations of food items are not currently keeping pace with the increased need. This means that we are having to purchase food and other essentials to supplement what would usually be provided by donations. And with the rising cost of food, our resources are stretched even further.
- Our energy costs to run our foodbank – heat, light power for fridges and freezers – has increased exponentially.
Please donate below to help us to help local families struggling to get through the toughest times of their lives.
How to donate money online
If you would like to help us by donating money, you can give via credit/debit card online using the form below. If you are a UK tax payer, please tick the Gift Aid box on the form as this allows us to claim an extra 25p from the Inland Revenue for every pound you donate. Thank you so much!
Where you can donate food, toiletries and household essentials
If you would like to donate items to the Foodbank, we always need non-perishable products such as UHT Milk, pasta, tinned meat, fish, sauces, soup and fruit and vegetables plus cereals, toiletries and other household essentials.
We have collection boxes at:
- Tesco, Fore Street
- The Coop, at the top end of Fore Street
- Brixham Library
- Costcutters at Pillar Avenue
- Sainsbury’s on New Road.
Donations can also be left at the Foodbank when open Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 1.30 – 4pm at 14 Brewery Lane.
Thank you so much!!
A huge thank you to all the individuals and organisations who have selflessly supported us over the years with produce/items, or with cash donations or with time to help out. We could not provide this service without your generosity.