Our next General Meeting is on Tuesday 26th March at 7pm at the Berry Head Hotel. General Meetings are open to all and are your opportunity keep up to date with key business and community issues, to voice your opinion and to make a difference. Please make the effort to come along and to encourage others to do so.
Our topics and guest speakers for March are:
- Windy Corner roadworks. These roadworks are due to start this week. We will be updating our members on the council’s plans and potential impact.
- Caterfood – insights into a large local business. Caterfood are one of our newest members and we are delighted to welcome them to the chamber. Paige Felton, their sales director, will be giving us an insight into their business, how their supply chains work, what challenges a business of this size faces every day.
- How to grow your business. Nick Williams works for the TDA and has coached hundreds of small & medium businesses within Torbay. He will be sharing some of his expertise about how to grow a business, and also introducing the Growth Support Programme, a free opportunity for all of our local businesses to take advantage of, which gives access to quality free training and advice.
- D-Day Commemoration plans. John Brennan will be updating us on the busy schedule of events which has been organised for the 1st to 9th June in Brixham to commemorate 75 years since the town played such an important part in the D-Day landings.
- Member presentation: Trinity Sailing. Harry will be telling us about this local organisation, which offers heritage boat rides.
- Member presentation: E3 Digital. Robert will be introducing his business and #BoostTorbay.
Entry is open to all (free of charge) – member businesses, non-member business owners and staff, general public. Please arrive for a prompt start at 7pm.
We offer all member businesses the opportunity to make a short, informal presentation about themselves and their businesses at our open meetings.
We have a very wide range of business types within our Chamber and it benefits us all to share our knowledge and experiences and to foster local promotion and trading. In recent meetings we have heard presentations from a cleaning chemicals company, a registered nurse and a Brixham-based science firm who use DNA testing to identify which animals are present in certain areas.
If you would like your business to feature at a future meeting, please email Alex Foley – email@example.com