Reduced parking fees at nominated council car parks returns for a fourth year. In Brixham This means:
- Freshwater and Oxen Cove – the fee of £1.50 will cover parking from when you arrive until midnight the same day.
- Central car park – the £1.40 fee will allow for up to the maximum of 3 hours: this would normally cost up to £3.50.
The offer will start on Thursday 1 December and run until (and including) Saturday 24 December 2022.
The annual parking promotion supports local businesses during the festive period by encouraging shoppers to fully explore what the main town centres has to offer – without worrying their parking will expire.
The town centres of Torquay, Paignton and Brixham each offer something different. With a wide range of independent outlets, leisure activities, art galleries and cuisines to sample.
To support local events ahead of the promotion starting in December, the pay for an hour and stay for the day offer will be running on the following dates only in November.
- Bay of Lights Illumination Trail launch event in Torquay on Saturday 19 November, offer available at Lower Union Lane and Union Square. The fee of £1.40 (cash payments only) will cover parking from when people arrive until midnight on the same day.
- Brixham Lanterns Lights and ‘luminations on Saturday 26 November, offer available at Brixham Central (up to 3 hours), Freshwater and Oxen Cove (cash payments only).
Cllr Steve Darling, Leader of Torbay Council, said; “Town centres and local businesses are at the heart of Torbay. Businesses and households are under ever increasing financial pressures, that’s why we want to encourage people to shop locally and support our local economy – especially over the Christmas period. The reduced parking fees have worked well over the last few years and I’m sure people will take advantage of this offer again this year.”
Cllr Mike Morey, Cabinet Member for Infrastructure, Environment and Culture for Torbay Council, said; “This parking promotion gives shoppers and visitors the confidence to explore, relax and take in the variety of our town centres. From watching a film, enjoying a meal with friends, to buying fresh local produce or finding the perfect handmade Christmas gift – let’s all support our town centres this December.”
The scheme will run in the following car parks:
- Torquay – Lower Union Lane and Union Square
- Paignton – Victoria
In Torquay and Paignton, the fee of £1.40 will cover parking from when you arrive until midnight on the same day.
- Brixham – Freshwater and Oxen Cove
In Brixham the fee of £1.50 will cover parking from when you arrive until midnight the same day.
For people using Brixham Central car park, the £1.40 fee will allow for up to the maximum of 3 hours: this would normally cost up to £3.50.
Promotional prices are in line with zone charges. Read more about parking zones.
The usual free on-street parking will still apply in Torquay and Paignton on Sundays in December on the following roads:
- Torquay – Magdalen Road, Lymington Road, Castle Road, Union Street, Babbacombe Road
- Paignton – Palace Avenue