Covid closure grants
The latest government support for businesses forced to close due to covid is being paid out by Torbay council. Their website is now updated with the latest info: https://www.torbay.gov.uk/…/businesses-financial-support/
- Businesses which received a grant payment for the November lockdown will AUTOMATICALLY now receive two grants: a Tier 3 grant for Dec 31st to Feb 20th, and the additional one-off Lockdown grant recently announced by the government.
- The Tier 3 grants are £1334 per 28 days for businesses with a rateable value under £15k, more for bigger premises.
- The additional lockdown grant is £4000 for businesses with a rateable value under £15k, more for bigger premises.
- In both cases we believe you should get one grant per premises, not per business.
- If you have an eligible business but didn’t get your grant in November, you’ll need to make an application – see the council web page for information.
- Businesses which did not receive a grant in November, but have been adversely affected by covid this winter, can apply for a discretionary grant. Check the council web page for details.
- Wet-led pubs have access to an additional £1000 grant, again check the council web page
The Chamber is here to be a helpful assistant for all local businesses (members and non-members). If you have questions and would like to talk your situation through with one of our exec team please contact firstname.lastname@example.org