Amongst stiff competition, the English Riviera Tourism Company (ERTC) has secured funding for an exciting new project from the Government’s three year £40million Discover England Fund.
Following a rigorous application process, England’s Seafood Coast is one of a number of successful projects to benefit from the Discover England Fund, which aims to:
- grow tourism in the regions of England;
- increase the competitiveness of England’s tourism offer, domestically and internationally;
- develop bookable tourism products in line with market trends and in response to consumer demands.
England’s highest value seafood catch is landed at Brixham, but less than 10% of it is eaten locally. England’s Seafood Coast sets out to establish the English Riviera as an international seafood destination, inspired by renowned chef Mitch Tonks and his celebration of local seafood with Brixham Fish Market at its heart.
A Discover England Fund project, England’s Seafood Coast is supported by key partners Mitch Tonks, Visit Devon and the Torbay Culture Board. It will:
- Map the current English Riviera seafood product and visitor experiences.
- Identify how these can be joined up and packaged into easily bookable Seafood Coast products in the future.
- Scope a new digital platform to improve online bookability of the Seafood Coast.
- Conduct a series of stakeholder and engagement events.
For more information, visit the ERTC website.