Terms and Conditions of Membership
Our aim is to ensure that you have a positive and enjoyable experience throughout your time in Membership with Brixham Chamber of Commerce (“the Chamber”). We also hope you will benefit fully from all available services and opportunities we offer. The following terms and conditions therefore are intended to be as simple as possible.
1. The Membership is with the Chamber.
2. Membership is open to companies and other organisations regardless of their location. Members do not have to have a base in Brixham in order to become a Member. Chamber Membership is open to companies or other organisations and separate business divisions and not to departments within organisations.
3. The Chamber Membership is a business entitlement rather than a personal one. All employees of the Member are therefore entitled to all the Chamber benefits and services when working on behalf of their Member employer.
4. The Membership term is from 1st January to 31st December each year.
5. Members will automatically be invoiced for the next membership period as each 12 month term expires.
6. The Chamber regularly communicates with Members by email, post and telephone. We aim to only approach our Members with information which we believe could be of interest to them. This is an integral part of the Membership and by entering into Membership you agree to be contacted by the Chamber. The regular communication can be terminated at the Member’s request at any time.
7. From time to time Members may be contacted by the Chamber’s carefully selected partners in order to make them aware of certain membership benefits.
8. Members are entitled and encouraged to take advantage of the various opportunities the Chamber offers but there is never any obligation or pressure to use any of the services provided by the Chamber or its partners. Any agreement between the Member and the Chamber’s partners are strickly between the two parties, and are not the responsibility of the Chamber.
9. The Chamber Membership benefits are subject to change without notice and are subject to terms and conditions available from the Chamber.
10. The Chamber Membership fee is non-refundable and Membership is non-transferable.
11. Single Membership entitles the Member to one standard entry in the Directory under one company name. Similarly only one company name can be used for any other Chamber publications.
12. The Membership is subject to Chamber Executive approval and the Chamber reserves a right to refuse Membership without disclosing any reason.
13. The Chamber shall have no liability for any losses suffered by a Member as a result of using services offered by a fellow Member. The Chamber shall have no responsibility for advice given or services provided by its third party service providers even though such providers may have been introduced to the Member by the Chamber.